Posted on Nov 3, 2019 by Bay Cities Container
Bay Cities is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Cost Accountant to join our accounting and finance team. In this position, you will report directly to the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager and be responsible for ongoing analysis of processes, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. Our company produces a wide variety of creative packaging and displays, and our ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills and be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our company.
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
• Minimum of 2 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles
• Computer Literate Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
• Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
• Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.