Chief Technology Officer
Posted on Nov 2, 2019 by The Difference Engine
CTO required to join an award-winning, profitable, scale-up technology business.
Our client's product centres around an award-winning inference engine which is already live and hugely successful with many of the world's leading investment banks. Building on this success, the firm are looking to take the baseline product into new industries. There is potential for diverse application, from implementation in healthcare through to deployments in the autonomous vehicle space.
Surrounded by a super-strong team you'll be working closely with the firm's senior leadership to help drive both technical and product strategy while leading highly skilled, bright and enthusiastic engineers in London and New York.
It's an exciting time to join a highly successful firm as it pivots its products into new domains.
- Global leadership for all software development, QA and operations functions
- Driving best practices to meaningfully advance efficiency, quality and robustness
- Lead, grow and inspire a team of highly skills engineers
- Participate in business planning and play a key role in designing the product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with product, marketing and finance teams to align business and strategic goals with technology driven initiatives
As an established technical leader, you will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- A background in functional programming, ideally with LISP and/or its derivatives
- Intellectual curiosity with a passion for technology and an interest in the latest technology developments spawned out of academia
- Proven experience of leading globally distributed teams
- Strong leadership, people management, communication and analytical skills
- An interest in mathematical logic and formal methods
- Experience with structured data and knowledge engineering
- At the core is a strong basic salary well into 6 figures, bonus and a share of equity.
- Benefits vary depending on region (NY/London). Details available on request.
If you are an existing or aspiring CTO, who meets the criteria above, we'd love to hear from you. Promising candidates can be assured a response within 24 hours.
The Difference Engine is a recruitment firm working on behalf of its clients