Principal Test Consultant (Automation)
Posted on Nov 2, 2019 by St Vincents Resourcing Ltd
Principal Test Consultant (Automation) - Edinburgh or Glasgow - c£Excellent plus bonus and benefits
The role will offer remote working with travel to and from clients sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to own, shape and grow the automation practice of this Consulting business who have a well-deserved reputation for hiring great talent, but it is also known as an excellent place to work.
This is a senior technical role with the responsibility to define and deliver the automated test and tooling strategy, ensuring the practice is enabled with the right people, processes and technology capability to deliver a first class service to an ever growing customer base.
You will have a key role working closely with customers, identifying and delivering the right automated test solutions that will deliver real value for a blue chip client list.
You will be working on a range of projects from Digital Transformations, Mergers, Mobile Platforms and Regulatory change. These projects will be across a range of industries to include; Finance, Public Sector and Technology.
- Pro-actively own and deliver the automation and tooling strategy, as well as the engineering principles, practices and standards.
- Identify, implement and effect significant change on Automation tooling, processes, practices and raising awareness across key initiatives.
- Recruitment and line management of Automation engineering staff.
- Lead innovation to meet the changing demands of our clients using emerging industry trends and standards.
- To utilise agile test approaches to enable early and continuous delivery of software
- Co-ordinate and support Automation Test Engineers and other members of the team to ensure Testing adds value adds real demonstrable value for the customers
Skills and Experience Required:
- You will have held a senior role within an organisation with responsibility for designing and implementing automated test solutions
- You will have lead innovation to meet the changing demands of using emerging industry trends and standards.
- You will have had responsibility for people and provided guidance and training to enhance their automation skill sets
- You will possess a detailed understanding of automated frameworks and tooling (open source and licensed)
- You will have a good understanding of/and implementation experience in various test types and automated tooling to support (UI, Service, Database, Compatibility, Accessibility, Volume and Performance, Security)
- You will have a knowledge of Test Design: BDD/TDD/Requirements Review/Cucumber-SpecFlow.
- You will previously have worked in Agile/DevOps environments.
- You will have a good knowledge of continuous integration, continuous deployment and the tooling used to support these activities, such as Jenkins.
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of agile software engineering methodologies and processes with a high level of experience defining and implementing software through the software development life cycle.
- You will possess a demonstrable approach to test and risk analysis to determine and support Test Approach
- You must possess strong communication skills
The Person we are looking for:
- You will have a passion for testing and technology. You have a vision for the future of testing and are not afraid to implement or voice it!
- You will have extensive experience defining and owning the delivery of automation strategy and capability in medium to large organisations.
- You will have demonstrable experience and an understanding of defining and implementing automation frameworks that are maintainable, extendable and can exercise UI and subcutaneous layers of solutions under test
- You can grow a team. You have a clear view of how to train and enhance the skills of your team
- You are someone who can deliver value to your clients at the highest level and help with key inputs for tenders and proposal for new business.
- You can communicate your vision internally and externally through delivering talks, blogs and white papers etc
- You display strong leadership in challenging situations; playing a key role as a leader across your customer accounts and in your team
- You consistently deliver excellence, even under very challenging and complex circumstances
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation at an exciting stage in its development.
Our client offers a highly competitive remuneration package but the opportunity to really own, shape and grow your own practice whilst working with a blue chip client base is the key selling point.