Trading Data Analytics Manager/Team Lead Analysis Baltimore MD
Posted on Nov 2, 2019 by Joseph Harry Ltd
Trading Data Analytics Manager (Data Analysis Team Lead Leader Architect Buy Side Buy-Side Fund Asset Investment Management Manager Hedge Fund Mutual Analytics SQL Front Office Trading Fixed Income FX Equities Commodities Money Markets Bloomberg PORT Barclays POINT Python Derivatives Performance Attribution Risk) required by our asset management client in Baltimore, Maryland.
You MUST have the following:
- Experience as a Data Analysis/Analytics Team Leader, Architect or Manager
- Recent or current buy-side experience within a fund manager, asset manager, investment manager, hedge fund, mutual fund
- Excellent background in analytics- gathering requirements from the business, communicating requests to the engineering teams and producing appropriate analytics and reports
- Strong SQL querying ability
- Knowledge of front office trading products (asset classes) such as fixed income, FX, equities, commodities or money markets
- Excellent ability to collaborate with front office stakeholders such as research managers and portfolio managers
The following is DESRIABLE, not essential:
- Barclays POINT or Bloomberg PORT
- Man-management experience such as hiring, performance management, personal development and appraisals
- Derivatives such as futures, options, forwards, swaps
- Knowledge of risk or performance and attribution
Role: Trading Analytics Manager (Data Analysis Team Lead Leader Architect Buy Side Buy-Side Fund Asset Investment Management Manager Hedge Fund Mutual Analytics SQL Front Office Trading Fixed Income FX Equities Commodities Money Markets Bloomberg PORT Barclays POINT Python Derivatives Performance Attribution Risk) required by our asset management client in Baltimore, Maryland. You will inherit a team of five very experienced and self-sufficient data analysts that produce fixed income analytics across performance, attribution, risk, regulatory reporting and any other areas that are requested by the business. The team has recently migrated from a Legacy system to a new system and aims to shift from a reactive existence to a strategic, anticipatory existence. The role will require high-level strategic analysis from you to plan how to achieve this shift from 10% strategic analytics to 70% strategic analytics. This will require forming relationships with vendors, the business and the adjacent engineering team to create long-term fixes and stable solutions to meet the needs of the business.
Your background must be asset management. Ideally, this would include experience with Barclays POINT or Bloomberg PORT or fixed income, but if you have experience in alternative asset classes, that is also applicable. Secondly, you must have operated at lead or management level in the data analytics space. This role will involve full man-management responsibilities, such as hiring, appraisals and performance management of the team. However, you do not require prior experience of this, so this could present a good opportunity to move into management. You will be experienced at collaborating with key members of the business and engineering teams to define strategy and requirements and communicate them effectively with technical teams.
This role is in a growing department that is receiving increased investment. It is part of a broader initiative to migrate all services to AWS (Amazon Web Services) and will embrace AI and machine learning (ML) in the next 12 months.
Salary: $165k - $190k + Relocation Package + Health Care + 401K