System Administrator (UCD: Urban Code Deploy)
Posted on Nov 1, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Our Client is looking for a System Administrator with expert knowledge with UDC - Urban Code Deploy.
Deployment and Operations Engineer is a core engineering role responsible for all aspects of application build and deployment. The DevOps Engineer has the goal of creating a zero touch, secure and enjoyable delivery process built from the best class tooling.
- Primary Scope (Short term till end of year): Deployment & Orchestration: Continuous Delivery - taking release artifacts and deploying in repeatable and elastic way across environment - DEVL/TEST/QUAL/PROD
For the above Scope:
- Provide consultancy for integrating new applications into automated deploment process ( mainly UCD ) and support projects where needed
- Administer, fine tune and provide L2 support for tools in the automated deployment process: UCD, Jenkins, Subversion, Artifactory
- Perform life cycle management for the above tools in accordance with UCC policies
Secondary Scope (long term): Application Build: Continuous Integration - from approved open source libraries to all internal source dependencies resulting in the publishing of a verified release to a binary repository.
For the above scope:
- Design, engineer and operate on a zero touch basis to the principle of "everything as code"
- Develop and enable Continous Integration, Compliance, Delivery, Test and Support
- Automated Provisioning, availability, optimization & operational cover of all build & test environments
- Apply best in class technologoes & practices to keep SDLC optimal and current
- Defending our business and reputation by ensuring the integrity and security of relevant processes at all times.
- Expand automated UCD deployments to new areas/types of applications
- Rock solid build chain with sufficient capacity, flexibility to support timely build, test and deploy
- Enable an increased build, test and release cadence
- Hands on experience with Urban Code Deploy (UCD) is a must
- Experience with Artifactory, Jenkins and Subversion are a big plus
- Experience with BitBucket, GIT and Ansible would be nice
- Fluent English, German is a nice to have
If you think this role fits your profile or would like more details, feel free to get in contact with me.
I look forward to hearing from you.