Posted on Nov 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Sector: HVAC (Industrial)
Salary: Circa £39,000 plus package
Our client is a Multi-National organisation and one of the European leaders dedicated to solving thermal energy problems with high quality solutions across a wide range of industries including food, chemical, metal, pharmaceutical, public sector and marine industries.
Working within our Process Engineering Division located at Borehamwood, the successful candidate will undertake a variety of engineering tasks including the review and design of steam, thermal fluid and process air heating systems to lead to the generation of detailed technical and commercial sales proposals.
Applications Engineer Activities:
Reporting to the Product Applications Manager you will be working with the Company’s Technical Services Engineers, Contracts Engineers and Field Sales Engineers charged with:
* Day-to-day responsibility for the generation of technically and commercially attractive quotations through the assessment of customer requirements and the use of in-house software to select key components and equipment to meet a specified process need.
* This will include system flow and pipe work pressure drop calculations to ensure the accurate application of the Company’s range of Steam Generators, Fire Tube Steam Boilers, high temperature Thermal Fluid Heaters, Process Air Heaters and Gaseous Effluent Thermal Oxidisers.
* Completion of project engineering checks and the preparation of commissioning specifications
* Providing pre and post sales applications support to the Company’s External Sales and Internal Engineering functions.
* Depending on the workload in Contracts Department, there will be a requirement from time to time to carry out the role of Contracts Engineer to balance the demands within the departments and to maintain familiarity with the procedures and requirements of the Contracts Department.
Applications Engineer the person:
* A minimum of HNC or equivalent in Chemical, Mechanical or a Process Engineering discipline with experience in a compatible industry or a manufacturer of related equipment.
* Candidates qualified to Graduate/HNC level with less experience but with clear potential will also be considered.
This is a demanding and rewarding position which will allow the successful candidate to develop within a large industrial group.
Salary: Circa £39,000 plus comprehensive benefits package
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£70k - £80k Annual