Major Incident Manager (ITIL)
Posted on Nov 1, 2019 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Salary: $88k + 10% bonus
Overall Position Description:
- Will work a normal 8-5 shift but will be on call if there is a major incident (may happen 3X a month) which could require a weekend or night if thats when the occurrence is. Examples of this would be if they can't deliver services to their clients.
- Qualified experience/background could include someone with NOC, Service Desk or Desktop Support background that has advanced their career to this point.
- Strongly prefer ITIL experience, the certification is preferred
- Must have strong ITSM experience. They use Service Now but experience with any ticketing system is fine.
- Must have strong experience with service management tools
- Will need to do presentations and reporting
- The person must have a good understanding of technology so someone who has been on a service desk or worked with desktop support will have those technologies such as Windows..may have experience with Linux or Unix, Servers, permission access, etc.
- If they have some monitoring tool knowledge such as SCOM or Solar Winds that is a plus
- Must be experienced with reading logs, reporting, metrics, KPIs and any training experience is a plus
- Must have good MS skills such as Excel and Powerpoint as they will be doing presentations to leadership
- Must understand the difference between SQL and oracle databases-basic knowledge
- Must have experience making graphs and good reporting skills-make a graph to show when these incidents arise and how many have they gone up or have they had less in a month
- The main thing this person will be doing is managing the team that is troubleshooting or trying to solve the critical incident. They will manage them and the process and then be the main liaison to management to let them know what is going on and how they are resolving the issue so they have to have great communication skills. They will direct calls, have calls with groups s/he needs to resolve the issue, explore error messages, etc. Basically running the team to get the critical issue taken care of and then keeping the management team in the loop as to where they are and what they are doing to fix the problem, how long it will take, etc.
- This person will also need some experience with process improvement and change management. Ex .if they see a problem with a process then they can recommend changes to the process think outside the box.
- As they get stronger they may have to help train others in Incident Management
- Need to have a positive, outgoing personality hungry and smart
- This person is very visible as they interact with the VPs and CIO. Can be quickly promoted .lots of upward mobility
- Global incident management team
- 5-7 years experience responding to and resolving major incidents, leading technical conversations and various technical support groups
- ITIL Certification, continuous improvement (Continual Service Improvement)
- Broad understanding of IT concepts and architectures, including multi-platform, technically diverse enterprise environments
- Experience working directly with senior stakeholders
- Experience developing and maintaining the ServiceNow Major Incident Response module
- Well versed in developing metrics and reporting requirements and maintains relevant SLA/KPI metrics
- Process implementation experience related to ITSM tools