Senior Manager, Communications & Media Relations
Posted on Nov 1, 2019 by Greater Cleveland Partnership
The Manager of Communications and Media Relations will serve as the media relations contact for the Greater Cleveland Partnership (GCP). This individual will assist in creating the communications and media relations strategy and proactively seek opportunities to highlight GCP stories in the news. This individual will work with internal clients, members and senior staff to solicit stories. This individual will also meet regularly with local reporters.
- Assist the Vice President, Marketing and Communications in developing a cohesive and integrated communications and media relations strategy.
- Project a positive company image to the public.
- Ensure quality control of all information released.
- Crisis management and preemptive planning.
- Oversee the content calendar for the organization.
- Act as a strategic partner to the internal clients and senior staff thinking creatively about how to tell the GCP story and highlight accomplishments.
- Create/ghost write op-eds and other articles on a regular basis.
- Manage heavy work flow and tight deadlines, often interacting with external stakeholders including reporters.
- Proactively identify opportunities to utilize various mediums to position the GCP with external stakeholders.
- Work directly with the content manager to monitor and manage all internal and external communications.
- Ensure that projects are completed within budget.
- Track and report on results of media relations initiatives.
- Assist in the management and organization of social media sites and accounts.
- Contribute thoughts and suggestions based on current communications trends.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5 - 7 years of proven experience in a communications and media relations role
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- A business acumen
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- BSc or BA in business administration, sales or marketing
- Ten to fifteen years of related work experience
- Long-term and short-term planning skills
- Commitment to quality