Web Administrator | 6 months | Zurich
Posted on Nov 1, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Web Administrator | 6 months | Zurich | 6 month
You are an experienced Web and Application Server support person? You have a good knowledge of Apache, Tomcat and WebSphere on UNIX systems? We're looking for someone like you to start date 01.11.2019 - 30.12.2019.
- Global level 3 support of web and application Servers
- Installation and configuration of new infrastructure to support web applications as well as upgrades of existing infrastructure.
- Support of tooling for infrastructure builds and application installs.
- Provide consultancy for application teams to help them move to newer infrastructure.
- Faciliate on-boarding of new services and technologies to help evolve and improve the web hosting service.
- Identify opportunities to automate processes to help improve levels of service and/or remove manual tasks.
The L3 Zurich Web Infrastructure team is based in Zurich Altstetten and has a primary role of supporting the production web and Application Server infrastructure for all lines of business located in Switzerland. Support involves incident management, monitoring of support chat channels, on-call and weekend change activities. The team is also responsible for managed web and Application Server infrastructure in terms of building and configuring the systems. Our team works closely with other infrastructure teams such as UNIX, MQ and database teams along with application support and development teams.
Your experience and skills
- strong experience working in a large and complext web hosting environment with Apache web Servers, Tomcat and IBM WebSphere application Servers.
- experience of working with cloud platforms, such as HP Stakato, would be beneficial.
- strong UNIX skills - Linux essential.
- a good understanding of infrastructure principles and system inter-dependencies outside the web hosting environment (eg networking, databases).
- self-motivated and able to work on your own or within project teams.
- able to work to tight deadlines.
- an excellent communicator, along with strong interpersonal skills.
- analytical and logical and enjoy solving problems.
- fluent in English (speaking and writing). German is an advantage.
What we offer:
- We are a highly skilled team supporting Web and Application Servers globally for decades. We have a great team spirit and enjoy working together. We offer a global, challenging and diverse working environment for internal and temporary staff. We value passion and commitment.