Posted on Nov 1, 2019 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: Windows Administrator
Job Duration: 7 Months
Job Location: Amsterdam, NL
Within the Wintel team you are responsible for managing Windows environments. Management includes tasks such as resolving incidents and changes, monitoring the environment and picking up SCOM and SSCM tasks.
In this environment you work together with internal and external colleagues. This means that everyone has their own expertise. Partly because of this, you are expected to make independent and easy contact with colleagues in order to achieve the right results.
At BST, every employee has senior work experience within his or her field. In addition, a large proportion of your potential colleagues have at least ten years of experience. As a result, most BST colleagues are so-called "jack-of-all-trades " who, apart from their specialty, are also strong in other areas. In general, the working atmosphere is informal and result-oriented. It is a technical team in which a pragmatic approach is preferred. You are expected to be able to communicate at this level.
Finally, various projects run side by side in this environment. Think of integration and migration and phasing out applications and infrastructure.
You are expected to be able to keep an overview of this.
- Daily management, picking up disruptions in the Windows Environment, monitoring the disruptions reported from SCOM.
- Acting on non-compliance reports from Security Baseline (SCCM).
- Malfunctions in the Windows environment are detected by SCOM and these messages are displayed on wallmounts from Squared-Up V4.1.
- With Symantec Endpoint Protection ensure a virus-free environment, update version and virus definitions.
- Maintaining the Active Directory, policy management through AGPM, writing scripts for all kinds of management tasks with Powershell.
- Internet traffic is arranged through Forcepoint.
- Furthermore, it is important that precise steps are taken to phase out the old environment to prevent disruptions in running applications.
- Important that the colleague has Windows management experience and hands on Cloud, may be both AWS and Azure!