Senior Security Vulnerability Engineer/Qualys
Posted on Oct 31, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Security Vulnerability Engineer.
Candidate will be responsible for ensuring that corporate Systems and Networking are designed and implemented to meet or exceed industry security standards. The Security Engineer III is responsible for assisting in the establishment, development, design, recommendation and implementation of a security framework that encompasses Mainframe, distributed systems, network, and applications for current and new systems.
The Security Engineer III works with security architecture and affiliate security representatives to coordinate and/or lead security architecture activities across the enterprise. The Security Engineer III will evaluate new security risks, threats and vulnerabilities. Will lead staff in remediation efforts and will act as incident leader as required and as appropriate. The Security Engineer III will create security project plans for the most complex projects and prepare documentation as required.
As part of the Cyber Risk Solutions team you will conduct in-depth vulnerability research, drive remediation efforts, measure and manage secure baselines, identify and issue risk advisories on critical findings, and work with technical operations and development teams to identify, resolve, and remediate security vulnerabilities throughout our systems using cutting edge technology, processes, and tools.
- 5+ years minimum experience, including at least two years as a Senior level security member of a large organization managing and/or designing large scale security architecture.
- Very experienced in cyber security, demonstrated knowledge of windows, Linux, and network security, especially as related to system hardening and vulnerability research and management.
- College Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience. Security certification is desired.
- Written & Verbal Skills Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare various forms of reports, correspondence and presentations.
- Leadership skills, process and procedure oriented in a large service provider organization, with proven experience handling confidential information in a professional manner.
- Understanding of security principles in a large organization is required. Experienced in the development and implementation of security policies is required.
- Ability to create and update project plans, status reports and project presentations.
- Personal characteristics Goal and results oriented, high energy and self-motivated.
- Integrity, honesty, strong interpersonal capabilities and high-energy orientation.
- Dedicated team player.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and lead junior staff as required.