System Administrator (MQ Configuration)
Posted on Oct 31, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
System Administrator (MQ Configuration) - Zurich
You will work with the Swiss Messaging Services team developing end to end MQ configurations. The configurations can span multiple platforms but the emphasis will be on z/OS.
- Develop documentation to describe each requested configuration using Microsoft Word and Visio
- Liaise with requestors where necessary to obtain documentation approvals and to discuss any issues arising from their requests
- Develop object definition scripts using ISPF for those deployed on z/OS and Windows based text editors for those deployed on Unix, AS400, Windows
- Provide support to test teams following configuration deployment where required
- Troubleshoot and remediate configuration issues where found during test
- Adhere to teams documentation and script development standards
- Work in a timely manner to meet all individual and project target dates
- Report status as required in an organised and precise manner
You'll be working in a smaller team based in Zurich. The role aims to support application related MQ configurations in scope for a large critical project.
Your experience and skills
- Have excellent technical skills in WebSphere MQ which must include specific knowledge of MQ Clustering and SSL
- Have good Z/OS and Unix (Linux/Solaris) skills. Knowledge of other platforms (egAS400 or Windows) would be useful
- Possess the ability to quickly envisage the operating landscape of the bank and the specific scope of the project engaged in
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English, German is an advantage
- Take responsibility for allocated tasks and see them through to successful completion
Apply Now to Avoid Disappointment - Interviews soon!