IT Security Process Analyst
Posted on Oct 31, 2019 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking an IT Security Process Analyst. This is not a remote position.
The Information Security Analyst job responsibilities include:
- Under limited supervision: Assists in planning, directing, and coordinating activities, specifically relative to Information Security
- Assists in developing and enforcing the organization's security policies, standards, and guidelines, security awareness, security information portion of the business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and all industry and government compliance issues
- Assists in incorporating the design, deployment, management, control, and updating of platform and user specific security policies on a diverse range of internal hardware platforms supporting various software and operating systems
- Conducts risk management analysis to identify areas of risk and to develop security measures to prevent losses
- Monitors use of data files and regulates access to safeguard information in computer files
- Works with business owners, IT managers, staff, and vendors in order to provide timely and efficient IT coordination of security services to meet clients needs
- Create reports on status of client information security programs and projects, as required
- Communicates with senior executives through oral and written reports and presentations, as required
- Develops and implements IT system security plans, projects and initiatives
- Plans, implements, manages, and coordinates security measures and controls for information systems to regulate access to computer data and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information
- Performs other professional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, information assurance, or a related field from an accredited college or university AND Six years of information technology experience,
- Two years of which in information security or information assurance.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is a plus
- Demonstrate knowledge of network, operating system, database and application security
- Experience implementing and complying with Federal and State Laws
- Experience in Cloud-based solutions and environments
- Knowledge of current and emerging (Next Gen) Information Security Technologies and Practices Working knowledge of NIST 800-53 and/or CMS MARS-E 2.0 is a plus
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".