Direct Care Assistant II - PT & FT.NEW RATES*
Posted on Oct 31, 2019 by Heinzerling Foundation
Qualified job candidates are required to take and pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
Heinzerling Community requires job applicants have, at a minimum, a high school diploma or GED
Direct Care Assistant II
- High-school diploma or GED required
- Interest and ability to work with children and adults with severe or profound developmental disabilities.
- Previous experience in direct care, nursing, and/or with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but not necessary.
- Must demonstrate an attitude of respect toward residents
- Must work well within a team environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must work two weekends with one weekend off
- Provide direct care to assigned male and female residents
- Maintain adequate personal hygiene of assigned residents, including bathing, grooming, changing diapers, dressing, feeding, and positioning residents
- Participate in the development and implementation of assigned residents' individual programs
- Properly uses and cares for residents' personal equipment
- Assists with or performs care procedures or routines as requested
- Participates in on-going staff development activities
- Uses acceptable language and tone of voice
- Works with team members to evaluate residents' present abilities, progress and potential.
- Participates in resident activities including field trips
- $12.00/hour; $1.00/hour shift differential; $2/hour weekend differential
Outstanding Attendance Pay; Employee Referral Bonus; 6 paid holidays, sick leave, vacation, personal days; tuition reimbursement; health, dental, vision life insurance; 403b Retirement Plan; Employee Assistance Program
7A-3:30P, 3P-11:30P 11P-7:30A