Posted on Oct 31, 2019 by Elevate Direct
Technical Scientist - BioTD API Department (BC1)
Reporting to the PDMS APILM Manager on site this role will support development projects and manufacturing operations at the JBIL facility located in Cork, Ireland. Responsible for leading Technical Transfer, Process Validation, Manufacturing investigations, Life Cycle Management and Health Authority Inspections.
Description of the Role:
- Leads early and late phase Technical Transfer activities through generation of protocols/reports, technical writing, execution of laboratory scale studies and participation in manufacturing operations and NPI initiatives.
- Leads early and late phase product development activities through generation of protocols/reports, execution of laboratory scale studies and participation in Lean Early Development initiatives as required.
- Leads process fit to plant during early and late stages of development to provide guidance to both development and manufacturing teams.
- Leads man in plant by providing support during manufacturing campaigns for new products or during process validation campaigns.
- Provides expertise to development teams on manufacturing facility design and capabilities, scale-up considerations and GMP operations.
- Partner with Project Teams to provide input, review and approval support for BLA submissions
- Participate in and/or Lead cross-functional project teams.
- Interpret project plans and timelines for CMC projects, and schedule work and experiments to meet these goals.
- Assist in manufacturing investigations as required, in particular event, deviations and CAPAs, to help meet product release specifications and timelines.
- Execute experimental plans and protocols to support product life cycle improvements, process validation requirements, technical transfer projects and development activities as required.
- Foster a culture of Lean and Continuous improvement within the department and with internal and external partners
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Pharmacy or related scientific field is required
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Biological process development or commercial manufacturing experience, either cell culture and/or purification.
- Excellent communication, skills, both oral and written.
- Capable of planning and executing experiments or projects steps with some supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, strong collaboration skills and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities and requirements.
Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturer founded in 1886.
If you match these requirements, please apply in the usual way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email as soon as possible. Once the application process is completed within Elevate, your application will then visible to the hiring recruiter. If you don't complete the process in Elevate you will not be visible to the recruiter or hiring manager.
If you have any problems at all with the process you can contact the Elevate support team at any time on (see below)