Senior SAP ABAP Developer
Posted on Oct 29, 2019 by Rust-Oleum Corporation
Senior SAP ABAP Developer Summary: Perform developer activities such as analysis, technical spec writing, problem solving. programming and testing of applications.
Senior SAP ABAP Developer Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Design, develop, test, implement and support SAP ECC application software.
- Investigate and resolve SAP system and software problems. Provide off-hour support as needed.
- Develop software and system support documentation and procedures according to Rust-Oleum standards.
- Conduct technical research with recommendations for action into IT related topics: upgrades, systems, methodologies, software, etc.
- Independent task handling and providing optimum technical solutions to Functional team.
- Coordinate with resources working at offsite locations (GDM model).
- Provide off-hour support as needed.
Senior SAP ABAP Developer Requirements:
- 11+ years of experience in ABAP software development
- Bachelors Degree
Specific Senior-Level Development experience with the following:
- ABAP Workbench navigation
- ABAP Web dynpro and dialog programming
- List Processing and ALV report programming
- SAP Scripts and Smartforms layout set development
- User Exits, enhancements / modification programming
- BAPI, BADI, Enhancement framework
- RFC,IDOC, Workflow, Web Services - Mandatory
- Object Oriented programming - Mandatory
- LSMW workbench, BDC programming
- Datasource development for BW
- Infocube, DSO, Infopak development
Additional Necessary Senior SAP ABAP Developer Skills include:
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates initiative and team work.
- Must have experience in execution of project life cycle methodology.
- Proper planning and prioritization is a must in this role.
- Strong communication skills a mandate, as resource will be talking to functional team and writing requirements specifications (technical).
- Basic understanding of business processes applicable to various modules in SAP - SD, MM, FI, CO, PP and WM is necessary.
- Experience integrating SAP with third party SQL Server based systems and applications.
- Comfortable with OSS navigation and OSS note interpretation.
- Knowledge of procedure and tools for communication with SAP via OSS.
- Object management using SPDD and SPAU during hot pack and release upgrades.
- Good understanding of SAP BW
- Development and troubleshooting of BW data load models
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States