Senior Business Systems Analyst (Enterprise Data)
Posted on Oct 29, 2019 by Michael Page
Working closely with Digital Product Managers and internal stakeholders, the Business Systems Analysts will be influential in capturing business requests / requirements, functional, non-functional, UI etc. and working closely with engineers and testers to deliver IS solutions.
Collaborating with multiple business areas and working closely with software engineering and test teams to ensure what gets delivered meets the business needs - Full SDLC
The client is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. They focus on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Our client employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, our clients employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
It is an exciting time to join and be part of our growth journey whilst we incorporate agile ways of working to better our customer experience and market offerings.
With an Agile IT function heavily invested into new, state-of-the-art technology tools and platforms and a new Digital Product Management structure, we are seeking talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.
- Working with the business users and Digital Product Managers to accurately capture all stakeholder requests and translate them into system specifications which typically include functional, non-functional, user interface, reports and external interface specifications.
- Collaborates with IT management and where appropriate owns processes to define and develop documentation & business analysis artefact standards, guidelines, processes, and templates.
- Supports business units in the resolution of complex user questions and issues.
- Provides guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project and program objectives.
- Works with software engineers to ensure that the engineering realisation is in accordance with the business specification.
- Works with the testers to ensure that all software components are tested adequately and participates in Quality Assurance testing as the IT workload requires.
- Must have professional experience working in the role of a Business Systems Analyst or a Business Intelligence / IT Business Analyst with excellent requirements gathering skills
- Direct experience working in the Insurance sector
- Must have a solid understanding of Data Warehousing and ETL concepts
- Proven background using the Microsoft BI stack
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Must have experience working in the full, end-to-end software development lifecycle in an Agile environment, managing stakeholder requirements and providing guidance to project sponsors and senior stakeholders along the way
- A team player, naturally confident, and strong communicator with a natural curiosity to seek answers to problems
- Experience working with third party vendors
- Demonstrable experience of SQL Scripting desired
- Experience working with off-shore development teams
£55,000 - £65,000 + competitive benefits package to include an attractive pension.
Opportunity to work as part of an Agile team, heavily invested in Technology
Central Birmingham Office
Ability to work on exciting projects and programs of work
Future progression opportunities