Splunk Security Engineer
Posted on Oct 29, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Splunk Security Engineer. Candidate will be engineering and deploying the Splunk Enterprise environment.
* Provide thought leadership for all design, implementation, and maintenance activities related to the SIEM and IDS/IPS platforms.
* Create, optimize, and continuously evaluate security monitoring content on the SIEM and IDS/IPS platforms.
* Design and create new detection techniques and improve existing ones.
* Identify gaps in existing security capabilities.
* Recommend and assist in technology evaluations and implementations.
* Plan and lead large security projects and initiatives working with all areas of Information Services, business units, and other partners.
* 3+ years of Splunk ES or other SIEM solutions with experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a fully operating SIEM solution.
* Strong knowledge of information security concepts, trends, and practices.
* Working knowledge of various network and security systems.
* Familiarity with basic statistics/probability and Big Data analytics techniques.