IT Coordinator (Belgium) - 6 months - South of Brussels
Posted on Oct 29, 2019 by Octopus Computer Associates
(IT coordinator, project coordinator, project support, support coordinator Belgium, Benelux)
This is NOT a technical support role, it's a SUPPORT COORDINATOR ROLE.
My blue chip client is looking for an IT Support Coordinator for a 12 months contract in the South of Brussels.
The IT Support Coordinator oversees technical aspects of IT activities at the location(s) in scope. He/she is an important contact point for business and functional leaders at the location(s) in scope when it comes to IT-related topics. He/she works closely with the site IT support contacts, key users and the service or project managers to ensure that proper IT support is being delivered to the local organization.
The IT Support Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of local IT resources (internal or contractors) and task distribution to support IT service delivery within foreseen KPI levels. This involves the preparation and maintenance of work instructions and their explanation to colleagues.
In close cooperation with the IT Manager he/she has to coordinate activities and projects keeping within the budgeted values.
The major accountabilities are:
- Provides technical coordination to local implementation and support teams. Act as primus inter pares' for the Site IT Technician(s).
- Support local management team to develop and maintain Business Continuity Plans & Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Work with the global teams and local site management to coordinate local IT activities for the global business organization, or implementation of global IT initiatives.
- Ensure local IT operations are aligned with global IT standards and processes, and actively monitor local team KPIs. Ensure that KPIs are met and act as regional queue manager in cooperation with other queue managers.
- Ensure day to day IT support is provided consistently at each site in scope (eg PC, LAN, and voice and data communications).
- Assure local IT assets (hardware, software and services) at each location are inventoried and managed in compliance with local regulations and corporate IT guidelines.
- Act as local point of escalation for all IT issues/questions of the Local Management team.
Technical IT degree preferred, Bachelor's degree in IT is an asset.
Certifications in project management, ITIL Foundation, Cisco and Microsoft technical certifications are a plus.
Minimum 3 years of professional experience, 1 year in coordinating/managing and implementing IT technical solutions. Experience in working at a Manufacturing site will be a plus.
- Good communication and presentation skills,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Good English skills, fluent in spoken and written
- Fluency in written and spoken local language(s) (French or Dutch) is a plus,
- Basic understanding of financials and budgeting will be a plus,
- Need to be customer focused; Proactive; trustworthy.
- Need to understand problems and their impact;
- May need to coordinate between multiple teams or individuals.
If this is of interest to you, then please send me your CV and I will get in touch with you for more details.