Education Development And Student Experience Support Officer
Posted on Oct 29, 2019 by University of Exeter (Graduate Business Partnership)
A full-time graduate is required as Education Development and Student Experience Support Officer, at the University, in Exeter. The post holder will work on improving the student experience and enhancing teaching and learning within the Humanities College. This GBP internship is 8 months.
The University of Exeter's College of Humanities has close to 4,500 students across nearly 100 degree programmes taught on the Streatham (Exeter) and Penryn (Cornwall) campuses. Our disciplines are Archaeology, Art History and Visual Culture, Classics and Ancient History, Drama, English, Film Studies, History, Liberal Arts, Modern Languages and Theology and Religion. The College has been ranked among the top 100 universities for the study of arts and humanities in the world.
Purpose of Role
The post holders will support the Associate Dean for Education and Education Business Partner with the development and delivery of strategic educational aims within the College of Humanities. This will include working closely with various (often senior) academic and non-academic staff on a variety of different initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities
The GBP will be responsible for a number of projects including, but not limited to: implementation of the new College Education Strategy; review of assessment and feedback policy; student experience initiatives; widening participation projects and drafting of communications plans.
The project work will typically involve:
- Preparing project briefs and timelines
- Undertaking both desk based and face to face research
- Analysing targeted data using internal and external sources
- Writing briefings and reports to provide progress updates to the Education Strategy Group and College Executive Group
The post holder will be expected to liaise with a wide range of colleagues such as the Student Engagement GBP to ensure new initiatives incorporate the student voice. Other key relationships will be with Directors of Education in our disciplines and colleagues from Student Services Hubs, Student Employability and Academic Success, Communications and Marketing Services, etc
Training and Development opportunities
Induction training will provide all the necessary information to conduct this post, including any specific training needed. You will also work with your line manager while in post to identify training needs for skills relevant to the role e.g. project management.
Level of Support
The GBP will have regular meetings with the Education Business Partner and the Associate Dean for Education to help direct projects, measure progress and resolve issues. Formal line management support will include one to ones, Professional Development Reviews and the opportunity to work within a wider team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to establish rapport and build professional, trusting relationships with individuals at all levels
- Excellent research skills with the capability of presenting findings in a variety of formats
- Highly organised and methodical with the ability to manage a varied workload, meet deadlines and work on a number of projects simultaneously
- Competent user of Microsoft software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of team work and collaboration
- Quick learner, with the ability to work independently and under own initiative
- Ability to maintain a positive and engaging attitude in a busy and ever-changing environment
- Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship
- Understanding of and interest in the wider higher education sector
- Attention to detail, with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Understanding or experience of using marketing principles and tailoring messages to different audiences
- Experience of website maintenance
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £70k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£18k - £18k Annual
£30k - £38k Annual