IS Security Operations Senior Manager
Posted on Oct 26, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
IS Security Operations Sr. Manager
The Sr. Manager, IS Security Operations is responsible for the offense and defense in the enterprise environment at Company. This includes overseeing a team of Engineers who design, build and maintain a suite of industry best security tools, leads security incident response and participates in various project work and of course, this role oversees the 24x7 SOC services. If you're looking for a company where you can create and execute a vision for a Security Operations team with the unwavering support of Sr. Leadership we should talk.
- Develops, manages and sets the operational vision for Information Security.
- Establishes goals and priorities for operational Information Security function.
- Responsible for ensuring the processes and operational procedures are in place and align to industry best practices
- Identify enhancements and continuous improvement opportunities and guiding the work activities of IT Security team Engineers and other technical resources
- Participate in incident response teams and follow-up on critical incidents.
- Proactively communicate critical developments and sensitive issues to appropriate personnel.
- Serve as a member of the joint Security incident and privacy response teams.
- Advises senior management of changes in the technical, legal, and regulatory arenas affecting information Security.
- Partner with technology teams to engage business partners and vendors in developing technology/product strategies.
- Participate in and support cross technology process improvement initiatives.
- Monitor workload of staff to ensure team members are consistently managed and challenged.
- Actively participate in HR performance measurement processes; write appraisals, giving feedback and helping staff design career development plans.
- Work with HR and Resource Management to define and implement programs to address changes in resourcing, career mobility, career development and reward/recognition initiatives.
- Promote effective teamwork and manage the resolution of interpersonal issues.
- Identify ways to share resources across business services/processes to promote information sharing and career/skill development through job rotation.
- Define staffing plans and oversee recruiting process to achieve goals.
- Bachelor's degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience.
- +7 years of relevant professional work experience. Requires prior management, supervisory or team leader experience.
- Understanding of the technology organization and/or business and technology.
- CISSP, CISM and CPP designations are considered valued for this role, having all would be ideal.
- Delivery experience in the Security domain with a complex internal IT structure.
- Experience dealing with the Security of Enterprise Security systems in a complex multi-platform environment.
- Extensive knowledge across a broad range of Security and Networking technologies.
- Knowledge of best practice standards including SANS, FISMA and ISO 27001 Standards.
- Knowledge of SOX, CPNI, PCI-DSS and PII controls.
- Effective communication and presentation skills required; articulates complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills
- Experience in establishing and managing vendor relationships.
- Knowledge of various Operating systems including but not limited to Microsoft, UNIX, Linux, SUSE, and Red Hat.
- Knowledge of Storage and virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of Routing, Switching and Firewall technologies.
- Standards & Methodology: ITIL
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to (see below)