Environmental Services Associate
Posted on Oct 26, 2019 by Heinzerling Foundation
The Environmental Services Associate is responsible for the cleanliness of all assigned areas. He/She ensures that resident clothing and linens are clean and available for use.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned or required.
- Clean designated areas using methods approved by the Environmental Services Supervisor and in accordance with standards set by Administration, all regulatory agencies, and good practice.
- Ensures that all assigned resident, office and staff areas are kept clean and neat.
- Empties trash in designated areas.
- Uses supplies and equipment in a safe manner.
- Cleans all resident and public restrooms daily
- Delivers supplies to designated areas daily.
- Observes and practices universal precautions at all times in the cleaning or handling of potentially infectious material or clothing.
- Collects laundry and linen from soiled linen rooms and transports it to the laundry room; sorts soiled laundry (linens, clothing).
- Load washers with designated weight limits; transfers wet clothing from washers to dryers using blue carts.
- Fold or hang resident clothing, fold linen and place in appropriate carts or clothing racks.
- Delivers clean laundry to designated areas.
- Assists in ensuring the laundry area is clean, safe, and sanitary.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record.
- Keep hallways and entrances clear of all debris at all times.
- Sweeps, dusts, and mops floors daily.
- Washes walls as assigned, cleans cove base.
- Reports any needed repairs to the supervisor.
- Spray buffs hard surface floors as scheduled.
- Strips and waxes resident floors, hallways, and other designated areas as scheduled.
- Operates buffers and scrubbers in a safe manner at all times.
- Shampoos carpeted floors as directed.
- Keeps all equipment clean.
- Change laundry chemicals as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
- Follows safety guidelines when cleaning up hazardous material
Salary: $9.00/hour, $2.00 weekend/diff