AP Resolutions Payment Specialist (Ref.Nr. MW2643)
Posted on Oct 26, 2019 by BRINE SA
BRINE SA has been placing top IT specialists at well-known customers for over 30 years. In doing so, we focus on performance, competence, experience and partnerships.
Brine SA is looking for two AP Resolutions Payment Specialists for our Client in Fribourg
To investigates and follows through AP documents that have either entered in a deviation status or are classified as aged/overdue or in dispute. He/she makes tactical use of strong accounts payable, systems and processes knowledge to proactively address toward suppliers and business users the resolution of such cases until final resolution is achieved. This role prepares Balance sheet reconciliation and driving resolution of GR/IR, aged cases, open items.
This role requires a self-driven, resilient and motivated individual, with strong communication skills/intellectual curiosity and deep knowledge of Accounts Payable processes.
- Provides services at expected levels with a clear customer service approach
- Acts as key account Manager for specific suppliers building and maintaining close relationship performing regular account reconciliations to ensure clean books and to avoid issue escalation
- Manage day-to-day activities and co-ordination with the team and diverse stakeholders
- Timely resolution of invoices which have a price and quantity deviations and follow-ups including debit balances and supplier reconciliations; ensures no aged blocked items
- Management of Direct Debit accounts, missing invoices, clearing, no aged items
- Professionally and timely responds to internal and external inquiries
- Proposal of write-offs for aged items with valid reason
- Execution of weekly payment run for all countries in scope in JDE and SAP
- T&E payment run as part of AP payments
- Review of manual payments incl. Back-up documentation, bank data and MAL
- Ensure timely approval of payments
- Clearing of payments, transit accounts etc.
- Drives month end closing process and regular investigations during the month
- Performs account reconciliation/BSR and related compliance controls (aging, GR/IR, debit balances, direct debit) Oversight of Goods Receipt/Invoice Receipt and timely clearing of GRIR account
- Initiates re-classes eg prepaid account, debit balances
- Resolution of blocked items on a regular basis
- Provides services at expected levels with a clear customer service approach, acting as first level support for Accounts Payable systems such as Basware and VIM
- Supporting VMD team, raising requests for VMD updates in SIM
- SPOC for contacts to suppliers and RTV process in Basware/SAP Opex
- Follow up on activities including delegations and reminders
- Act as 1st level support - Covers phones from 8.00-17.00 from Mon-Fri
- 1st level support for any enterprise asset in scope of the EU GSC ( VIM, Basware IP)
- Initiate invoice processing corrections according to stakeholder input
- Supports the trainings and knowledge base of the R2P team by sharing best practices within the team and supporting external suppliers as well as wider internal stakeholder community (BPAs, PO owners, Cost Center owners and entity management) in timely resolving escalated disputes
- Interacts proactively with all functional areas of the EU GSC to ensure appropriate accounting, financial reporting and compliance
- Supports continuous improvement of services in quality and effectiveness in close collaboration with line manager/peers. Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
- Degree in finance and/or accounting or relevant experience.
- 3 - 5years in account payable department (preferably shared services)
- In-depth knowledge of R2P processes and system solutions (eg invoice processing)
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-national, Matrix organization
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- SAP knowledge preferable (FI/MM)
To learn more about this opportunity please send your CV ASAP in Word format to Brine SA
Work location: Fribourg
Salary: to be discussed
1 Candidate - Fluent German (oral & written)
1 Candidate - Fluent in English & German
BRINE SA has been providing its IT- and SAP specialists for short-, mid- and long-term projects in Switzerland since 1985, with customers primarily active in the following market sectors:
Financial services sector, especially banks and insurance companies
Government and services sectors
BRINE SA is a stable, financially independent, Swiss enterprise with its head office in Zurich. Our services cover the entire IT spectrum, as well as interfaces to the various business sectors, and range from management- and IT-consulting through to software development and project implementation.
IT - Resources
We offer our top consultants, computer Profi's and SAP experts to our customers as external specialists for limited assignments and as well for permanent positions.
BRINE SA is especially distinguished by its renowned characteristic strengths:
Short reaction time - rapid selection and supply of consultant's CVs, with skills matched to customer requirements.
Quality - we take quality very seriously, both for internal and external-facing processes, thereby convincing many customers to maintain a long-standing business relationship with BRINE SA
Coaching - BRINE SA coaches and supports its consultants throughout the entire duration of the customer assignment.
BRINE SA is ISO 9001:2008 certified since 2014