Product Owner - Oracle ERP
Posted on Oct 26, 2019 by TechNet IT Recruitment (Permanent)
Product Owner required to work on a global Oracle ERP implementation for a leading retail client in Venlo, Netherlands.
Location: Venlo, Netherlands
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong awareness of Oracle ERP.
- Although the Product Owner does not need to be highly technical, they will need to have the motivation and desire to quickly learn the operational business processes and the Oracle Cloud for Finance modules and must strive to continually develop that knowledge as business processes and technology changes.
- Previous experience in successfully managing complex teams delivering software development projects.
- Excellent client relationship and stakeholder management skills and a high level of internal customer focus; dedicated to meet their expectations and requirements.
- Must be adept at defining and implementing effective processes in project execution.
- Is adept at being able to involve and motivate others to support issues resolution and can work together with IT, Oracle, the business and other designated support teams and the ability to influence decisions for end-to-end improvement and sustainable solutions.
- An adept problem solver, using rigorous logic and methods to solve problems.
- Drive for resu can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Experience of working in an agile environment (Kanban, Scrum); aligning agile best practices to continually improve the way of working.
- Understand the challenged the company has in bringing the ERP/Financial CoE live, with effective product ownership, business function support and communication processes.
- To plan and manage releases, working with the Oracle Expert, O2C, P2P & R2R process leads to plan and lead product functional testing.
- To drive service excellence and internal customer satisfaction and manage expectations, continually refining the Product Ownership operational support processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- To be aware of and understand the various components and modules that comprise the Oracle application to support the business in understanding the impact of product changes on the overall application.
- To align all stakeholders in order to determine the full business requirements to the system and prioritise work accordingly.
- To work with and support the P2P, OTC and R2R Oracle Experts, Oracle Technical Expert and BPOs to analyse and test new functionality for Oracle and its potential value to the business, providing advice regarding the potential impact to the key process areas (risks and benefits) of deploying it and make recommendations to BPOs on how to proceed, aligning with the Oracle Technical Expert for the technical possibilities and planning, taking into account the planning and prioritisation of the technical work involved in deploying updates, patches and releases, maintaining environments, performing regression tests and integrations.
- To participate and advise on business change/continuous improvement initiatives; ensuring that solutions are designed to be sustainable to prevent recurring issues; influencing and involving the right stakeholders to engage identified improvement initiatives, supporting the planning and execution of changes and continuous improvement in the system.
- To set user story priority from the product back log, participate in planning and provide expert advice on user stories; and advice, clarification and guidance during the execution of each Sprint as appropriate.
- To inspect, accept or reject completed work from the development cycle.
- To have the ability to effectively facilitate workshops and communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- To fully document the Oracle Product Owner process flows and supporting documentation; create and manage the development of policies and procedures, ensuring they are stored and easily referenced in the documentation repository, knowledge database (KDB) and known error database (KEDB).