Network Architect/8 Months/Gothenburg/ASAP
Posted on Oct 26, 2019 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
Network Architect with Management Experience/8 months/Gothenburg/Start ASAP
This is a varied role requiring a broad range of advanced network skills including:
* Design technical solutions covering product selection for the key components of the network technology stack, including network hardware/software, load balancers, Firewalls, proxies and sizing.
* Provide ideas and innovation and maintain a view of emerging technologies that could enhance the clients service offering for network propositions.
* Provide the overall network technical strategy and leadership for a client, project or bid.
* Review of client network infrastructures and propose options for improvements.
* Ability to work to deadlines and drive complex network proposals to conclusion
* Taking information from customer and or project specifications and turning those into completed design definitions and leading the implementation of those changes for the project.
* Compliance with a stringent change management process, where levels of accuracy of proposed implementation activities will be subject to the fullest review and delivery must follow the agreed plan.
A good working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routing and switching within LAN/WAN/Data Centre/Public Cloud environments is essential.
Experience with latest generation of networking technologies is highly desirable eg:
* Software Defined Networks such as Cisco ACI, APIC ACI, MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN eg Cisco vManage; SD Access eg DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
* Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
* Security products eg Algosec and Tufin. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
* VMware NSX
* Tooling eg Cisco Tetration
Additional experience with load balancers, hardware Proxy devices, IDS/AV, and Voice technologies would be desirable.
Experience with key vendors, primarily Cisco (IOS, NX-OS, ACI)/F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM)/Bluecoat/Fortigate/Checkpoint, other vendor experience is welcome and beneficial.
The candidate should have considerable experience including network design, implementation, operations, support and project/change management within a service oriented and controlled infrastructure. Management experience required
What you'll bring:
* Proven experience of designing complex network technical solutions using third parties as required in multi tenanted/shared environments
* Proven experience of designing and implementing complex Data Centre LAN environments
* Practical working knowledge of WAN/LAN/Public Cloud connectivity/management/virtualisation technologies and products from leading vendors
* Experience of network consolidation, and associated capacity planning to provide increased availability and flexibility
* Experience of tooling for systems management
* Practical working knowledge of network protocols and standards
* Practical working knowledge of Telco/network provider service offers
* Practical working knowledge of network security
* Ability to cost and estimate projects with limited information and ensuring assumptions, risks and issues have been captured
* Ability to review network projects and proposals making recommendations
* Excellent client and communication skills, good presentation both verbal and written
* Manages own time, ability to work to deadlines and drive complex issues to conclusion.
* Flexible approach to working hours and location
* Ability to work as part of a dispersed team but also self-motivated
* Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical staff
* Broad experience of IT solution development
* Recognised Cisco or other industry certification
* Excellent consultancy skills
* Ability to perform and conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions