Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
Posted on Oct 26, 2019 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Job Description:Reporting to the Sr. Director Infrastructure Architecture & Engineering, the successful candidate will work in Coppell, Texas.
This position is responsible to align business strategy to the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical IT infrastructure architecture. Provides technical leadership and consulting across the Organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level. Gains organizational commitment for all high-level infrastructure plans, initiates and participates in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans. The position is a key member of the IT team providing both strategic input with respect to the current and future direction of the function, and day-to-day operational oversight and leadership.
- Partners with the business to understand business context (trends and business strategy) and its impact on enterprise technology, application, and information strategies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the strategic business plans of the Organization.
- Accountable to ensure that the health of the systems supporting the business capabilities are communicated, and a roadmap established to align the strategies to the IT investment plan.
- Provides infrastructure architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Relationship Managers, Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and Systems/Solution Architects.
- Documents and develops in-depth knowledge of existing IT architecture/infrastructure and technology portfolio of the Organization.
- Develops, documents, communicates and enforces technology standards.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure and development efforts, and recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
- Develops, documents, makes recommendations, and communicates plans for investing in the IT infrastructure ecosystem, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance, reports findings, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborates with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gains buy-in for all technology, application, and infrastructure plans.
- Reviews new and existing IT projects, systems design, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
- Accountable for working across the IT organization to develop strategy and roadmap for Clients's technology, application, and information needs.
- Interfaces with vendors and service providers to identify and select the products and/or services that best support client strategies.
- Participates in corporate architecture discussions and decisions, including product decisions and implementation plans.
- Demonstrates cross-functional partnering and team leadership working across a large, Matrix environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business or another relevant field.
- At least 15 years of related IT experience with a minimum of 10 years of successful leadership experience.
- Skilled in presenting systems specifications and evaluating the same, working with business representation from all functional process areas across the globe.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven organizational agility and ability to work at all levels including the executive and C levels, across direct and indirect reporting lines as well as managing global multi-cultural virtual teams across distinct business units and locations.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting client's environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and solution orientation, with a track record of putting ideas forward and presenting them upward with proven history of leading to ultimate successful execution.
- Experience managing within a Matrix structure and dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to estimate financial impact of technical infrastructure alternatives. Knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- ITIL certified or at least 5 years of utilizing ITIL within organizations.
- Ability to think about business in a way that is abstracted from how business functions are implemented by technology.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of business capability modelling and mapping.
- Experience with creating strategic roadmaps.
- Experience with hyper-converged, hybrid-cloud ecosystems required.
- Demonstrated working experience with architectural frameworks, such as TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner Methodology, etc. Certifications preferred.