Senior Cloud Automation and Optimization Engineer
Posted on Oct 25, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Sr. Cloud Automation and Optimization Engineer
The Senior Cloud Operations Engineer will report to the VP of Cloud Operations, and is responsible for monitoring, managing and optimizing our cloud presence, as well as developing and leveraging automation to move these tasks to a self-service model. This individual will partner with the operations, security and iCTO teams to establish practices ensuring Company's use of cloud technologies conforms to Company's production operational processes. This individual will make recommendations for optimization in partnership with the Engineering teams and ensure Company standards are followed for production systems.
- Serve as the operational cloud focused liaison between Cloud CoE and the App Dev and GIO Operations organizations, ensuring cloud applications have strong operational readiness and adhere to design and operational standards provided by the Cloud Architecture team prior to go live.
- Provide regular feedback, lend operational expertise and experience to the Cloud Architecture and Engineering teams, App Dev and iCTO Partners.
- Prioritize team efforts and provide team members technical guidance.
- Continuously optimize system monitoring, workflow, and operational procedures.
- Propose and review improvements to existing processes and controls, including financial optimization opportunities.
- Review and develop processes, tools, automation scripts and documentation in support of cloud production operations.
- Ensure systems are designed to meet SLA requirements, remain secure and are continuously running effectively.
- Review upgrades and configuration modifications on the production systems prior to and after go live.
- Develop scripts and create reports for system monitoring and metrics analysis.
- Provide direction for Cloud Engineers on improvements to monitoring.
- Define, document, and deploy configuration management, disaster recovery, and other key operations processes.
- Develop and document processes to support ongoing development, change control, and production maintenance.
- Provide training and guidance on Cloud operations to GIO, iCTO and App Dev Partners, with the goal of accelerating COMPANY's adoption of Cloud services.
- Remain current on technological changes within the industry through research and company training.
- Work as part of the Operations Team's 3rd level support for on-call shift rotation to troubleshoot difficult production and performance issues, including off-hour maintenance as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms, virtualization platforms and containers (AWS, Azure, Docker, VMWare/VSphere, etc.)
- 3+ years AWS experience.
- 7+ years of development & operations experience with high transaction processing systems.
- Extensive experience with operations, administering both Window and Linux machines.
- Experience with version control software (Git) and hands on experience with designing and deploying CICD pipelines.
- Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex system problems that include capacity planning and performance tuning, reliability or high availability initiatives.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form to C level executives and front line developers/admins.
- Experience with web application environments, such as TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, CDNs, etc.
- Experience with Scripting languages (PowerShell, Python and Bash);
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: