SQL DBA Database Specialist
Posted on Oct 25, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Local candidates to Chicago area only
IS SQL DBA Database Specialist
Salary: $100k to $115k
Looking for a SQL DBA (Oracle Cache is a plus) out of a large enterprise environment. You will architect,design and install 2012 - 2016 versions. SQL Admin or SQL Development certifications a must installing monitoring security permissions TSQL always on high availability configuration and be able to explain backup restore technology and practice
- Develops database architectures that incorporate new features of (SQL Server, Oracle and/or Epic Cache) and OS software. Identifies strategic directions, creates high level plans, and develop project plans to implement the new strategies.
- Architect, design, install, create architecture documentation, and performs operational support for all database environments (currently over 500 databases).
- Architect zero data loss and high availability database environments for mission critical applications.
- Assists application development teams in working with databases, planning and implementing production changes and assisting with query optimization. Responsible for analysing and translating business information (data) and technical requirements into solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Creates enterprise data architecture, works with application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for projects.
- Creates project plans for complex projects and monitors and reports project status. Maintains a log of issues and coordinates activities to resolve them.
- Will often coach, train or mentor less senior professionals.
- Implements and performs capacity planning, performance monitoring and reporting processes.
- Develops maintenance and backup procedures, change control processes and operational documentation.
- Lead database development projects and advise management and users on new or optimal technologies or methods to improve the functionality and/or efficiency of the organization's databases.
- Implements and performs proactive system monitoring to ensure high-availability and performance.
- Performs ongoing performance tuning and optimization activities.
- Is able to work independently to organize work that includes system implementations, projects and production support.
- Have the ability to escalate and communicate system outages to the appropriate levels of management.
- Understanding schema and dimension options beyond relational to include such techniques as star, cubes and other options to support best hosting options.
- Viewed as a technical expert and is critical resource across multiple disciplines and mentors other team members and application developers on technical solutions.
- Expert knowledge in database (SQL Server, Oracle or Epic Cache) with certification being desired.
- Must have 8+ years plus of database administration experience with at least two technical platforms including (MS SQL Server, Oracle and/or Cache).
- At least 5 years' experience working with large databases.
- At least 7 years' experience with backup and recovery strategies and procedures
- Experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability configuration
- Epic system certification for Epic database support
- Epic Healt Systems and the desire to learn new database technologies.