Lead Java Developer
Posted on Oct 25, 2019 by WA Consultants
WA Consultants is recruiting for a Lead Java Developer for an established client based in Dublin. The successful candidate will join as a key member of the Systems Integration Team with opportunities to travel for engagements with partners in the UK and mainland Europe.
The ideal candidate will come from a software background and will work with globally dispersed, cross-functional teams of business analyst, product owners, development and QA leads to translate functional requirements into enterprise grade solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Working alongside the Architect on sizing, estimation, resource planning, sprint planning
- Leading development teams, providing continual architectural oversight and supporting solution delivery
- Engaging with product owners, senior stakeholders and enterprise architects
- Reporting project status via steering committee meetings
- Mentoring development team members
- Ensuring adherence to defined development, architecture and DevOps standards, best practices and principles
- Working to improve processes involving code quality analysis, management of technical debt and development of process automation
- Ideally 7 years or more of post-qualification IT experience with proven experience design of highly complex solutions in large blue chip organisations, with 1 year in a Technical Lead role
- Solid experience in systems development life cycle, including business requirements gathering, and designing logical data models for applications for different business functions
- Experience in application development and application integration (eg web services)
- Exposure to Cloud - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience in IT strategy, IT planning, value management, applications architecture, sourcing or IT transformation
- Ability to provide advisory and solutions implementation delivery to maximise IT ROI
- Experience in multiple formal SDLC methodologies including Agile
- Demonstrated ability to design large scale application and lead development team
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical, business resources, all levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter, independent and able to work under pressure to meet assignment deadline
Please advise on availability and salary expectations on application. For further information please contact Alex Wilson.
WA Consultants is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as described within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.