Senior Enterprise Cloud Architect
Posted on Oct 24, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Enterprise Cloud Architect. This role is revolved around developing and driving cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring across the enterprise. For this role a candidate needs to understand cloud technology and its implementation across major cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, and Google.
- Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
- Recommend long-term direction on strategic advancements within the technical portfolio.
- Define and maintain standards for artifacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
- Build a Community of Practice for solutions architecture while leveraging architectural tools, processes, and practices.
- Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
- Strong understanding of cloud technology and its implementation across major Cloud providers (ex. Azure, AWS and Google).
- Strong understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application components (Servers, storage, networks, database, application Servers etc.).
- Experience planning and executing the migration of enterprise IT systems and applications to cloud. Experience transforming and migrating on-prem enterprise custom developed and COTS applications to public cloud environments.
- Experience implementing and operating an enterprise-scale cloud, including service catalog and service enablement automation, DevOps automation frameworks, CI/CD pipelining, automated delivery models (blue-green, canary, etc.), cross-region DR and active-active architecture, tagging frameworks, audit controls using Cloud Custodian and similar tools.
- Experience creating day1 cloud operating models with foundational capabilities and developing roadmaps to get to the desired future state operating model.
- Guide solutions architects to define transition steps and strategy for adopting and migrating to the cloud platforms.
- Experience with cloud native architecture and development. Proven expertise with modern architecture techniques including micro services and event driven architectures.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of experience in information technology OR,
- Master's degree and at least 12 years of experience in information technology OR,
- At least 17 years of experience in information technology.
- 2 years lead experience.