Senior Media Software Engineer - Barcelona
Posted on Oct 24, 2019 by TechNet IT Recruitment (Permanent)
Senior Media Software Engineer required for a leading video communications company in Barcelona - relocation package and sponsorship offered!
Salary: £Competitive + 10-15% bonus + stock options + unlimited holiday + private medical insurance + pension plan + Life assurance + free breakfast and lunch + free alcoholic drinks on Friday
- Strong C/C++ or Java coding skills, and willingness to learn more languages.
- Senior experience working on Back End software engineering, with excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, memory management, and concurrency.
- Experience with Media Communication software technology; including Codecs, Real Time Video Streaming, Media Transport Protocols, and Media Quality-of-Experience optimization strategies in communication systems.
- Track record of delivering high quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly customer-centric and enjoy working on large-scale problems, shipping high performance systems software while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to lead and follow. This position requires ownership of design and implementation of platform components. It also requires an ability to follow established standards and methods when contributing to platform components.
- Specific hands-on experience in software core technology with some of the following: H.264/VP8/OPUS/AAC coding structure, syntax, spec and/or underlying algorithms, WebRTC standards (w3c and/or IETF protocol recommendations), RTP/RTCP, STUN, TURN, ICE, media streaming rate-control, bandwidth estimation, familiarity with Google's WebRTC source code (Chrome's RTC engine), VoIP, SIP, H.323, etc.
- SQL usage and some data science skills to understand and analyse implementations behaviour in production.
- Distributed messaging, publish-subscribe patterns, API design and general networking internals.
- Deep hands-on software development.
- Design/implement new features and strategies to improve media quality and capabilities of the company's platform.
- Contribute to server and software architectures for Real Time media streaming, quality optimization strategies, audio/video archiving, Real Time broadcast, and related systems engineering.
- Design and develop approaches to measure, evaluate and improve quality in the platform end-to-end.
- Working on multiple projects covering from high-performance media Servers to the needed signalling fabric in coordination with client SDK and other teams.
About the role:
Are you passionate about Audio/Video Communication technology? Are you a Software Engineering geek? Do you have a taste for Network Technologies, Algorithmic Design, Media Quality and Performance Problems?
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join their Media Cloud Engineering team. Successful Candidates will explore new ways to further enhance the company, their WebRTC-compliant Communications Platform as a Service, with new Smart Media Routing, Control and Provisioning of Cloud resources, Media Quality optimization technologies, Scalable Architecture Designs, Distributed Computing, and beyond. The candidate will be interested in both feature development as well as systems engineering with a heavy focus on quality and reliability. They will have a taste for data driven approaches to get insights, and also for tracking and adopting leading Industry Standards like WebRTC/IETF and others. Drives and motivation to see their work used and deployed in large-scale production systems with extremely high service availability will be a must.
You would be joining an international, very experienced team of Software Engineers and Scientists passionate for Real Time communications, media, cloud infrastructure, and much more.