Supervisor Security Engineering
Posted on Oct 23, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Supervisor, Security Engineering
The Security Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for leading the security architecture and engineering team. The team will be responsible for the technical assessment of new merger and acquisition targets as well as providing formal and informal guidance to global and US subsidiaries. The team will also advise on the security aspects of projects as well as guides implementation.
Our client's expectations for a candidate
- A hands on manager to lead a team of engineers in infrastructure security (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, ASA, IDS, IPS Proxy, PEN testing, PCI, DMZ, etc.).
- Highly prefer CISSP and a degree in Information Systems or a related degree.
- Supervise a team that is responsible for
- Designing and developing Security Solutions to protect Company IT assets.
- Managing projects to implement security functions/tools.
- Creating/starting documentation for security tools/services.
- Maintaining security diagrams including DMZ maps.
- Designing and approving PEN test scope.
- Providing feedback on new and existing and policies.
- Keeping abreast of security industry changes, technology changes, trends, best practices.
- Provides expertise and consulting in the areas of application, database, endpoint, network, and server security.
- Reviewing and approving security infrastructure change requests (ie. Firewall rule changes).
- Assisting in designing solutions to meet remediation requirements from audits, security reviews, external regulatory changes, PEN Tests, PCI changes.
- Provide level III support for escalated tickets from security operations.
- Providing overflow support to SOC.
- Lead and manage department in the selection of vendors, devices and tools and provide input to manager to support supplier management efforts.
- Mentor and train multiple levels security engineers in the Engineering/Architecture department, provide advice and consulting to SOC supervisor.
- Partner and execute changes in the Security Landscape based on results from analysis received from Internal Controls & Compliance, Internal Audit, External Audit and other functions as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related degree, or equivalent job experience.
- 7+ years of experience in security engineering or architecture (Network, database, endpoint and application security).
- Has led a security team of at least 5 people for at least 2 years.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as client relationship management skills.
- Solid understanding of change management, problem management, work prioritization, quality assurance, etc.
- Prefer CISSP
- Knowledge of Palo Alto, Checkpoint, ASA, IDS, IPS Proxy, PEN testing, PCI, DMZ, etc.
Please feel free to email your resume to me if this is an opportunity you're interested in.