Infrastructure and SQL engineer
Posted on Oct 23, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
My Client, a Global Bank is currently seeking an Infrastructure & SQL Engineer for an initial 5 months to be based in their Zurich offices.
Responsible for the Microsoft Server and MS SQL environment, with secondary responsibilities for 3rd level and application support. Additionally you will be required to undertake solution architecture duties as needed and work across multiple projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Implementation, support, maintenance and performance tuning of standalone, FCI MS SQL clusters
- Maintenance of the Microsoft server platform baseline configuration and introduction of new features
- Management of the security and configuration baselines for the Windows server environment
- Performance of projec management activities alongside 3rd level support
- Creation of scripts for the purposes of automating technical infrastructure services & requests
- Resolution of production incidents for systems under your remit
The successful incumbent will possess demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft SQL database technologies, especially in FCI (WSFC and AlwaysOn) as well as backup restore management. Strong knowledge in optimisation of complex T-SQL queries & indexes, using execution plans, Extended events and other appropriate tools. Profound knowdlege of Microsoft Server operating systems (MS Servcer 2012 R2 through to 2019). Very strong Scripting skills in Powershell. Strong understanding of common enterprise infrastcurture & technologies.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.