Lead Cyber Security Architect
Posted on Oct 23, 2019 by Request Technology - Alissa Dean
Prestigious Enterprise Company is seeking a Lead Cyber Security Architect to design, build and lead a team that ensures the security of enterprise data and systems by specifying requirements for technical security controls for all enterprise information technology development initiatives. Willingness to travel up to 25% is required.
- Master's degree in a technical field
- 4+ years of related experience
- expertise utilizing both Python and Java
- proven experience and understanding of Container Security (Docker, Kubernetes)
- demonstrable knowledge and experience with Zero Trust Networking (risk decision engine, network segment isolation)
- solid experience with Infrastructure Security (Linux, MS Windows)
- strong verbal and written facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills
- knowledge and experience to complete all job responsibilities (listed below)
- Design, build, and lead a team that ensures the security of enterprise data and systems by specifying requirements for technical security controls for all enterprise information technology development initiatives.
- Design, implement, and continuously update a technical security control requirements model supporting enterprise information security policies and standards, enterprise technology strategy, enterprise technology architecture and patterns, information security industry best practices, emerging information security technologies, and relevant laws and regulations (eg HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLB, and others.)
- Evaluate the architecture and design of existing and proposed information technology systems against the enterprise technical security control requirements model.
- Enable the organization to identify any gaps between specific technical security requirements and the architecture of a given system and provide detailed technical recommendations on appropriate design or architecture improvements.
- Verify that the requirements for technical security controls were addressed correctly and that all recommendations were implemented effectively (this includes collecting necessary information, verifying the accuracy of the information, testing the solution, and building an assurance argument).
- Assess the business impact of cyber security risks to the enterprise and identify options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Identify security control requirements for technology initiatives and deliver solutions to meet those requirements in alignment with the overall objectives of the project and the business.
- Work with Enterprise Architects and other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks.
- Exercise thought leadership in the creation and maintenance of security architectures/design patterns.
- Develop technical designs for a project to meet information security requirements based on approved security architectures/design patterns.
- Communicate cyber security risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
- Continuously track and report the status of all capability development and service delivery efforts.
- Educate, coach, and mentor all members of the team on technical, interpersonal, team dynamics, company policy and procedure, enterprise business model, and other topics.
Location: Oakland, CA or Remote w/up to 25% travel