Posted on Oct 23, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
C&S Data Management
The Continuity & Stability department (C&S) is responsible for stability, security, business continuity and reliability of the client's data (processing) and IT environment. Within C&S, the Data Management team is responsible for maintaining and delivering high quality investment related data throughout the organization. Internal stakeholders are continuously demanding more data to support their (investment) processes, where time to market of the data is key. The Data Management department works closely with Front Office, Client Services, Risk Management and IT functions.
Job responsibilities Data Specialist
The Data Specialist overlooks the processes of the data management department and engages with (senior) business representatives to ensure that their data requirements can be fulfilled. Therefore the Data Specialist is highly involved in investment related projects, defines policies and procedures and monitors quality, efficiency and consistency of data management processes.
Main activities of Data Specialist
- Oversees the data management processes and reports on overall quality of received and delivered data;
- Acts as 2nd line support for Operational Data Managers;
- Implements data optimizations in cooperation with the data managers and/or IT Delivery teams;
- Defines requirements for the implementation of changes in data sources/processes fields (including discussions with external vendors);
- Challenges data vendors on the data quality and services provided and defines plans for structural improvement;
- Performs user-acceptance-tests for changes in the data management environment;
- Actively engages with business stakeholders and IT Delivery Teams on data related topics and projects;
- Advises architects and business stakeholders on data governance and how to handle data in processes and systems;
- Represents data management in several meetings and projects.
You are a highly motivated professional who likes to work in a dynamic environment with multiple, demanding stakeholders. You are a flexible team player with strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities who is comfortable in working under tight deadlines. You have a relevant university degree or comparable, with good (verbal and written) communication skills.
You also have the following skills, knowledge or experience:
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English (verbal and written);
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze data issues in a structural manner;
- Identifies and initiates improvements on processes and tooling (automation) and collaborates in improving operational activities;
- Flexible and organized person, who thinks in concepts without losing the details;
- Positive, proactive and pragmatic with a "can do" mentality, with ability to prioritize activities;
- Team player with organizational sensitivity;
- Extensive experience with MS Applications and SQL is preferred.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.