Senior Network Systems Engineer
Posted on Oct 23, 2019 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Senior Network Systems Administrator - Limerick/Mid-West - €65-75K
Ref. NITA 127015
About the Role
Our client is a Global Financial Services company that specialises in the residential and commercial property sectors. With particular expertise in Lending, Advisory and Asset Management, they are currently entering a period of expansion and need an experienced Senior Network Systems Administrator help with the next stage of their development.
The Senior Network Systems Administrator join a highly proficient Infrastructure Services Team responsible for supporting banking and contact centre technology platforms. They will be responsible for ensuring a critical business as usual service, while also contributing to ongoing projects aimed at improving technology services and Infrastructure.
This is a hands-on role requiring Wintel, advanced network and server support experience. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager, the Senior Network Systems Administrator will also be expected to take full ownership for maintaining the day-to-day operations of corporate voice and data networks. They will also be required to rovide Management Information Reporting and maintain Technology Documentation to a high standard
This role is initially offered on a 2-year contract basis but there is a very strong possibility of this role being made permanent. The role also comes with superb benefits including healthcare, generous bonus scheme and a robust study support programme.
It is also worth noting that the location of the role means that Travel, accommodation, costs, and commuting are far less than they would be in Dublin. At the same time, the role is located close to a large City, with mainline rail, bus and motorways connections - It is also very near Ireland's second largest airport in Shannon.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Advanced Wintel and Networking knowledge and experience, including but not limited to - voice and data wired and wireless networks, Cloud based services, Datacentre Administration, Server and Storage estate
* Highly competent with Server Virtualisation Technology Platforms.
* Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies eg Windows, Active Directory and related support tools
* Experience of Microsoft Cloud Platforms is highly desirable eg Office365, Azure.
* Demonstrable experience with critical IT processes and controls related to network and server: Availability, Performance & Capacity Backup, Recovery & Continuity, Information Security & Cyber Risk Management
* Proven customer service capabilities delivering critical IT Services in an ITIL based organisation adhering to strict Service levels, Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicator metrics.
* Excellent Communication skills with all stakeholders and works well as part of a team
* 3rd level IT related qualification
While not essential, previous relevant experience in a similar role in a Financial Services would be particularly welcome
IMPORTANT - Prospective candidates MUST HAVE Immediate Availability to work in Ireland and the Wider EU without need for Visa or Critical Skills Permit, as Sponsorship cannot be offered for this role at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall on (see below) or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site.