End User IT Specialist
Posted on Oct 22, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Looking for a candidate to work with all end user support and all Back Office business user support. This is a financial firm, you will be the p rimary point-of-contact for support of all end-user hardware and software, including:
- Dell, HP and Apple Workstations and Laptops
- Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS, and Linux Operating Systems
- VMWare Virtual Desktops, Thin Clients, and Horizon View
- Any devices used on the trading floor
- MS Office products and All Major Browsers
- Skype for Business, Headsets/Webcams, Basic Desk Phone Configuration
- Video Conferencing Equipment
- Remote Access
- Mobile phones
Responsible for several day-to-day tasks:
- Hardware and Software Procurement and Asset Management
- New User Setup
- Virtual Desktop Administration
- Software Deployment
- Break/Fix Support
- AD Management and Token Administration
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including system patching and software updates.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Identify common issues/inefficiencies and work towards stream-lining our processes.
- Provide local and remote support for end-users in Lenexa, Chicago, and New York.
- Train end-users on technology and communicate changes which will impact them.
- Equivalent of Bachelor's degree or higher and 5+ years in a Windows PC or Server Administration role.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Office products - Certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows 2010 Server, Domain Controllers, DNS, DFS, DHCP and WINS.
- Solid background in AD administration including group policies and security groups. Develop a cooperative relationship with end-users of all technical abilities.
- A drive to create an atmosphere of competence, trust, and respect with all end-users.
- An automate everything attitude and desire for effective and efficient processes.
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies.
- Experience updating software through SCCM is a plus
- Positivein a team environment.
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.