Posted on Oct 22, 2019 by TomGandhi Consulting Limited
Title: Bigdata Engineer
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work closely with the infrastructure team for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Sqoop, Rest API. file based and Kafka.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Candidate must be from Java background and experienced working in big data platform.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data' data stores.
- Must have experience in operating in an agile and Devops environment.
- Must have experience setting up Continues Integration and deployment process.
- Experience with Java and big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with bash Scripting, GIT SVN, Jenkins and deployment tools like Nolio.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function Scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.