Business Development Manager
Posted on Oct 21, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £40,000 + commission + car and benefits (flexible dependent upon experience)
Location: Gloucester + travel to clients sites
Dynamic, technologically advanced, vibrant, highly commercial, entrepreneurial, rapidly expanding, and market leading - interested?
Working with the Technologies division of this leading business covers two main commercial areas - the support of IT related all other business’ activities (EPOS, Wi-Fi, Credit card machines, software, hardware, apps etc) and the standalone provision of IT and technology to a direct customer base, in Events and otherwise. This role is responsible for the development and growth of the Technologies solutions business, both with existing and new customers.
Our client is a leader within the events management market, delivering valuable, innovative and high-quality services to the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and the largest festivals. The industry is extremely fast paced and is evolving quickly with the use of new technologies, apps and social media, providing ongoing opportunity for their further development as a brand leader in their field. The industry has now become an all year round proposition with events throughout the calendar, although there is a significant peak during the spring to late summer period, during which, they will employ as many as 600/700 staff each weekend, managing as many as 180 vendors on one site.
The role will require regular site visits and working of some weekends, for which you would receive time off in lieu.
Key areas of responsibility:
* Planning and executing the generation of new business from both new and existing customers
* Liaise closely with external stakeholders to understand the challenges and requirements for their various venues, clients and events;
* Provide regular and clear insight to external stakeholders and end users regarding solutions and capabilities, thereby understanding and managing expectations;
* Manage and develop client relationships throughout the full life-cycle of the account, inc pre sales, onboarding, ongoing account and project management and monthly/ quarterly meetings.
* Develop and optimise existing event solutions, continuously seeking improvements in efficiency and effectiveness;
* Collaborate with the marketing department, providing solutions to support brand activation on site.
* Collaborate with third party providers as required to identify and implement solutions;
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest and relevance to the business, contributing ideas for next generation solutions;
* Identify new business opportunities within existing client base;
* Managing and building a portfolio of end user clients, which includes brand owners.
* Interact closely with the Operations Department, to gather, monitor and analyse the performance data and ongoing strategy throughout term the client is in partnership
* Increase the income generated in conjunction with the up-sell and cross-sell of services and products offered.
If you feel that you could apply yourself to this role and would be interested in more detail please apply now with your CV
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £55k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual
£25k - £70k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£24k - £60k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual