Part-time Caregiver, Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Posted on Oct 21, 2019 by CCRI, Inc.
Be a DayMaker!
CCRI has been named a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota by the Star Tribune for the last five years.
Direct Support Professional
Support individuals with disabilities to live more independently.
- Short or long shifts
- Variety of positions to fit your life-weekends (including overnights), afternoons, early mornings, after school hours, evenings, and sleep or awake overnights
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Dependable transportation, a current driver's license, and car insurance required. Driving record must meet CCRI insurability standards
- Must pass a comprehensive criminal background check and be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass the CCRI Medication Administration Course (SLS only) and First Aid and CPR competencies.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to verbally express thoughts clearly
- Must have the ability to independently problem solve on a daily basis
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have the ability to work well with others and show a positive attitude
- Must maintain confidentiality
Training: Experience not necessary-great training is provided.
View Job Description and Requirements.
View realistic job preview video.
The benefits of working at CCRI as a DSP
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus opportunities
- Positive work environment
- Casual dress code
- Variety of shifts to choose from
- Scholarship opportunities
Salary: $12.75/hour + bonus
If you aren't familiar with the term Direct Support Professional (DSP), similar job titles might be Caregiver, Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, or Direct Care Provider. While you don't have to be a nursing assistant or CNA to do this job, having that background is helpful when working with some of our individuals that may need more hands-on assistance with personal cares. Customer service experience is helpful as serving others is customer service.
CCRI is located in Moorhead, Minnesota, across the river from Fargo, North Dakota.