Test Automation Engineer/Jr. Software Developer
Posted on Oct 21, 2019 by LabCorp
In addition, the job requirements for Test Automation Engineer/Jr. Software Developer:
* Self-managing with the ability to control the analysis and quality processes throughout the software lifecycle while continuously driving quality into the overall work process.
* Ability to project, schedule and track assigned tasks or tasks of others; able to determine scope and provide input to manage work effort, project resourcing and risks as required.
* Design, develop and implement test automation framework using automation tools such as Rational Integration Tester (RIT), ReadyAPI/Postman, Selenium scripting
* Execute manual scripts and convert into automated test scripts (service and UI).
* Experience setting up virtualized services/automated scripts to interface with databases or other data sources
* Experience testing and interfacing with middleware components such as message queue layer, ETL transfers, OSB/ESB, IIB
* Experience implementing automate capabilities on various platforms (Mainframe- MUMPs, Cache, VB, .NET, Java, etc.)
* Experience building custom automated solutions (java programs, scripts, etc.) that interface/simulate lab instrumentation/equipment
* Software development coding skills on various platforms (Java/J2EE, .NET, VB, Unix scripting, etc.)
* Experience in Java Servlets, JSP, EJB (session Beans and Message Driven Beans), JMS, JDBC, Frameworks (Struts, spring, Hibernate, JSF) in Implementing web based and enterprise solutions
* Service Oriented Testing Tools (ReadyAPI/SOAP NG, XML WSDL testing)
* Back end validation of DB2, Oracle, Big Data Platforms and SQL Server databases
* Experience working with AWS technology
* Provide peer support, Production support during normal or off-hour timeframes
* Bachelor's degree (or higher) or equivalent in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
* 5-7 years hands-on Automation or Development experience.
* Experience using both Agile and Waterfall testing methodologies.
* Ability to analyze complex processes and systems, identify test automation opportunities and implement effective solutions.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Must be able to work independently in the absence of supervision.
* Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus but not required.
* Experience with various application types (mainframe, web based, client/server, COTS, services, etc.).
* Ability to provide detailed testing documentation to developers/automation engineers in clear concise method.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled