Network Automation Engineer #01118
Posted on Oct 21, 2019 by ODU Information Technology
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time employee to serve as Network Automation Engineer. This position will provide advanced engineering support to the University's network environment ensuring reliable, secure, and robust network communication systems. Support includes planning, designing, and implementing network automation and orchestration solutions to ensure the streamlined operation of wired and wireless network communication systems (routing, switching and data center technologies).
Required qualifications include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of network automation and orchestration frameworks.
- Considerable knowledge of network design, administration, operations and centralized network management platforms.
- Considerable knowledge of building, testing, validating and integrating software solutions with existing network infrastructure systems.
- Basic knowledge of data communication concepts, topologies, protocols, routing and switching technologies.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with vendors and co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to work with new leading-edge technology with minimal assistance and prior knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to provide technical and project leadership to other staff members.
- In most cases these knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field, or training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications or equivalent knowledge.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Some experience with network automation platforms such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Familiarity with Public Cloud Networking concepts and configuration.
Position opens October 21, 2019.