Senior Application Developer
Posted on Oct 21, 2019 by Ecolab
At Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, we are the world's largest sustainability services company focused on industrial water, energy and air applications; delivering significant environmental, social and economic performance benefits to our customers.
Join our growing team as a Sr Application Developer - Global Supply Planning within our Global Planning organization! We help our customers reduce energy, water and other natural resource consumption, enhance air quality, minimize environmental releases and improve productivity and end products while boosting the bottom line. We're about safety. We're about sustainability. We're more than innovative solutions for water, energy and air. We earn customers for life and enhance the lives of our employees while protecting the planet. Be part of our culture where you can create your difference, in a company that makes a difference.
What You Will Do:
- Lead full stack software development efforts to implement enhancements for the existing Finite Scheduling Application.
- Responsible for leading the design of enhancements within our Finite Scheduling Application in support of our global Advanced Planning Systems by working with Lean Manufacturing, Plant Scheduling, Operations and Engineering.
- Responsible for developing solutions for break/fix incidents to support the global business user community.
- Tier 3 support and part of rotating on call response team for the Finite Scheduling Application.
- Routinely communicates openly and with integrity with key business stakeholders to align direction between Supply Chain, Supply Planning, Operations, Lean Manufacturing community.
- Interface with other groups within Ecolab including Data Management, Supply Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, I/T, Finance and Procurement to coordinate global resolutions to business needs and requirements.
- Provide clear, effective communication and training of process changes and enhancements to global stakeholders before and after the change takes place.
- Work with global Integrated Business Management project teams to improve business processes and develop systematic solutions to support those enhancements.
- Actively participate in our Scrum/Sprint process, including the review of backlog stories, retrospectives, planning meetings and priority setting of work efforts
- Actively shares knowledge across multiple work groups/project teams through existing knowledge sharing processes/systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related area and eight years of IT experience.
- 5 years of experience developing in C# ASP.net MVC and Microsoft SQL SERVER.
- Experience in working in an agile, lean and Scrum methodology to contribute in the completion of difficult or complex projects.
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering Business or Supply Chain Management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with end users on a global level.
- Experience working with offshore technical resources.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge of key concepts in own discipline and act as a key technical resource within own work group/project team.
- Basic knowledge of external supply chain practices/best practices/trends.
About Nalco Champion:
Discover how Nalco Champion helps fuel 550 million vehicles globally. Ecolab's Energy Services business, Nalco Champion, provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help energy customers overcome complex challenges in the world's toughest energy frontiers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.