.NET Developer (Backend) - Contract - Telecommute
Posted on Oct 20, 2019 by UnitedHealth Group
Health care leaders turn to Optum Advisory Services (OAS) for guidance, insights and practical strategies to help assert control over their organization's future. We are more than just consultants. We are also operators with real-world health care experience, which helps clients hardwire and sustain more meaningful results that would otherwise not be achievable. As integrators across Optum, we deliver unique client-focused strategies and impact. Our proven track record driving success across the entire health care continuum empowers clients to grow, thrive and disrupt.
There's no better time to bring your software engineering career to the health care industry.
You take pride in designing and developing solutions. And not just any solutions -- solutions that are scalable and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, making historic transformation in health care and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the health care industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be rewarded and at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, implement and maintain client and server-side web and service applications within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Responsible for designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting new and existing web applications to the specifications provided by clients
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with other engineers and IT/client staff
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3+ years of experience working with ASP.NET & C#
- 3+ years of experience with HTML & CSS-
- 3+ years of experience working with T-SQL and PL-SQL
- 3+ years of experience using MVC and Web API
- 3+ years of experience in Service Oriented Architecture (REST/SOAP, Web API, WCF)
- Health care industry experience
- Experience with public facing, high volume transaction Websites and portals
- Experience in responsive-design UX Frameworks (Bootstrap UI, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in SOLID Principles
- Demonstrated experience in Architectural Design Patterns
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter PolicyDiversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: ASP.NET, C#, Software Engineer, Boostrap, Web API, MVC, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting