Senior Security Analyst (FT), IS Security - Days
Posted on Oct 19, 2019 by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
40 hours/week - IS Security
Lebanon, NHSupports the Information Security team by working closely with the IS Security Manager and Technical Services teams to coordinate and prioritize Information Security operations, workflows, projects, and outcomes. Ensures IS policy is supported by documented procedures and evidence of compliance, as well as directly manage several key operational functions, such as System Event & Incident Management (SEIM) operations.
Helps in implementing appropriate security standards by:
- Providing an in-depth understanding of relevant statutes, regulations, and corporate policies that drive IS security operations, processes and methodologies.
- Evaluating current IS capabilities against such requirements, prioritizing work, and coordinating with other IS departments to ensure maximum effort is achieved for information security operations. Requires an in-depth understanding of industry trends, developments, and tools.
- Developing IT operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to organizational information security, management and compliance.
- Assessing compliance with, and effectiveness of security controls, and developing strategies to correct deficiencies when they are discovered.
- Leading incident response and investigative efforts.
- Developing educational materials for all aspects of the institution's cyber security and data protection programs.
- Conducting IS Security awareness/outreach to promote sound security practices.
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the IS Security field or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience is required.
- Strong writing and speaking ability a must.
- Experience with Healthcare and HIPAA is greatly preferred.
Preferred Licensure/Certification Skills:
Professional Security certification (ie, CEH, CISSP, CISA, CISM, SANS, etc.)