Senior Tax Accountant
Posted on Oct 19, 2019 by Lee Enterprises
Lee Enterprises is currently seeking an innovative and experienced tax accounting professional to join its corporate finance team in Davenport, IA.
The Senior Tax Accountant position is responsible for income, sales and use, and personal property tax reporting, and assisting with financial reporting of taxes. Other duties include tax research and planning, assisting with tax audits and other special projects as assigned. The Tax Accountant works closely with the Tax Director and our finance and accounting teams in Davenport and other locations.
- Two to four years of corporate income tax experience
- Ability to research tax issues in multiple jurisdictions
- Experience with sales and use tax, personal property tax, and unclaimed property a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and accounting skills
- Ability to streamline processes by leveraging technology resources
- Integrity and commitment to the preparation of quality work
- Ability to work well both independently and as a team member
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- Experience with tax compliance and research software
- Experience with general ledger and fixed asset systems
Lee Enterprises offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefit packages in the industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a proven financial professional to bring his or her skills, ideas and knowledge to an established media company.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news, information and advertising, with 48 daily newspapers in 23 states. Lee's newspapers have circulation of 1.3 million daily and 1.6 million Sunday, reaching nearly four million readers daily. Check us out at .