Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Oct 19, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
SR. Network Engineer
- Assist in owning the network (LAN, WAN, WLAN, etc.) to ensure maximum uptime for the Business, including the governing principals for network (data and voice) design and deployment
- Assist in Management of all projects requiring network resources and delivering per planned and agreed to dates including the analysis of technical needs, requirements, and state of the network's infrastructure design, integration, and operations
- Assist in motivating and growing the Network Engineering team to its next level of maturity, agility (NetDevOps) and scalability. Help build foundation and help define capabilities and processes to address network needs in tactical and strategic terms.
- Assist with input into the overall Strategic Network Direction and ensuring necessary hardware, software, and tools are provided for successful delivery of the Network Technology Roadmap
- Act as a liaison to the Global Information Security team regarding all network security status, policies, and procedures, as applicable to solutions, products and designs in the infrastructure space.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Partnership with the Network Operations Team, for definition, refinement, monitoring and implementation (via proper designs) of the expected by business network SLAs and KPIs
- Assist in managing the budget management and vendor management.
- Interfaces with other architects to ensure designs are implemented per process including evaluating and recommending new products, maintaining knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise
- Participates in project and activity tracking processes
- Participates in the change control process and is a member of Change Control Board (CCB)
- Continuously updates and improves skills and networking knowledge through training and self-study
- Interfaces with vendors and partners to ensure security is maintained and integrated into all network connectivity activities
- Works with Global Information Security in interpreting network security analysis requirements
- 8+ years' experience of progressive experience in the Network Engineering field in an environment similar in scale to Company.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience with Routing/Switching, Data Center Infrastructure(F5, Palo Alto, Citrix, Cisco, WLAN,etc.)
- Expert level experience which includes solutions analysis, design, deployment and operationalization with SDWAN and Python
- Additional experience in one or more of the following which includes solutions analysis, design, deployment and operationalization:
o Data Center Automation & Orchestration
o IaaS (mainly)/PaaS & SaaS (desirable)
o Private Cloud/Hybrid Cloud/Public Cloud, inclusive of integration of solutions across these platforms
o Cisco ACI (fabric and overlay network, programmable features, micro-segmentation, etc.)
o Virtualization in the network, security and overall infrastructure space
o Experience leading agile teams ( NetDevOps characteristics - desirable)
o Understanding of infrastructure design and operations (Servers, storage, other platforms)
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to:
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$95k - $135k Annual
$110k - $130k Annual
$115k - $135k Annual
$95k - $130k Annual