Maintenance Technician- 3rd shift (Seattle, WA, US)
Posted on Oct 19, 2019 by Kerry Luxembourg S.a.r.l.
Requisition ID 8449
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career Function Engineering and Maintenance
Posting Type DNI
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.About Kerry
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you'll work:
At our Seattle, WA facility we are part of the Beverage division and create syrups and sauces for Kerry and our retail customers. If you're looking to build a career in manufacturing with a team you can have some fun with, we might be the team for you. We are looking for someone to help us keep things running!
We have an immediate opening for a 3rd shift Maintenance Technician. The schedule is 10pm-7am Sunday-Thursday.What you'll do:
You'll work with the Maintenance team to complete building repairs, equipment installation, troubleshooting and installation, fulfillment of assigned work orders and unforeseen repairs in a timely fashion. You'll follow good manufacturing practices to maintain inventory, preventative maintenance, good housekeeping and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental laws and regulations. We strongly believe in Safety First, Quality Always for our employees, products, and customers. If this is something you're passionate about also, this could be your next great opportunity!
Important areas of operations you'll work on (but are not limited to):
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearing, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Install and maintain pipe systems, hydraulic steam, pneumatic equipment
- Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and other related equipment
- Building maintenance including minor plumbing, welding, and general upkeep
Qualifications and skills
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- 2+ years of Industrial Maintenance Experience with related 2 year Degree or 4+ Industrial Maintenance Experience without degree.
- High school diploma or GED is required; associated degree in relevant field preferred
- Grade 4 Boiler Operator License is preferred
- Possess and demonstrate basic technical knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Stainless Steel Welding/Fabrication
- Ability to be or become or is a Sanitary Certified welder. (outside certification)
- Piping systems
- PLC's (Programmable logic controllers) - a plus
- Process control instrumentation
- HVAC systems
- Process equipment
- Personal Computing
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here . Additional information can also be here .