Full Stack Developer (Cybersecurity Operation)
Posted on Oct 19, 2019 by Request Technology - Connor Roettig
Full Stack Developer
The Full Stack Developer will assist in creating the next generation of our first defense cybersecurity monitoring and alerting systems. You'll be joining an experienced but nimble group of admins, system engineers, and other development-type folks to build a bigger, better, faster machine using all the modern tools and platforms including Logstash, Elasticsearch, Telegraf, and F5, to name just a few.
This position is open in either Chicago, IL or Albuquerque, NM.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, algorithm design and message processing
- Experience developing in one or more of the following languages: PERL/Python & Golang/C/C++ or Java/NodeJS
- Ability to iterate and improve existing codebase while working in JIRA and GIT-based revision control environments
- Practical experience with Linux, virtualization/containerization, and basic networking
- Ability to maintain a mature, language agnostic attitude toward development and understand the importance of annotated, documented, and readable code product
- Strong ability to define and interpret problems, formulate solutions, effectively collaborate and communicate, plan and execute
- Ability to work boldly with a sense of urgency: embrace mistakes, learn from them, and help drive the team toward success
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Computer Science/Engineering, or STEM-based field (or equivalent experience)
- Web Front End development a plus.
- Experience with Mariadb, Elasticsearch/ELK, and Kafka message bus libraries, as well as JSON data structures
- Experience interacting with REST and/or SOAP APIs
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes, and Linux containerization technology a plus
- Experience with system orchestration platforms such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible a plus