Senior Software Developer
Posted on Oct 18, 2019 by ANSYS
The meshing team is seeking for a talented R&D engineer for mesh generation and geometry algorithm development. You will be part of a team responsible for research, design, development, and evolution of meshing technologies for ANSYS applications. The initial goal will include surface meshing and speed up various workflow from CAD to simulation providing efficient algorithmic solutions. This work covers all stages of code and capability planning, research, creation and evolution, and requires working closely with other members of geometry, meshing, and solver teams.
- Design, create, review, maintain and extend geometry algorithms for meshing for Multiphysics simulations.
- Work efficiently in a complex mixed-language code base, mostly written in C/C++, on Windows and Linux.
- Improve both robustness as well as speed and memory performance of software for processing large scale and complex real-world CAD geometries.
- Perform testing and benchmarking of implemented features and investigate problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions.
- Participate in and collaborate with other development, documentation, and testing professionals in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Research and understand the requirements for a commercial product, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field with a minimum three years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience developing geometry processing algorithms or physics' simulation solvers.
- Solid and demonstrable background in C/C++ coding, data structures and algorithms.
- Good analysis, math, and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and teamwork.
- Experience in graphics, GUI development is an asset.
- Experience in Scripting language like Python is an asset.
- Experience with computational geometry is an asset.
- Experience on commercial software development is a plus.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person or entity.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.